We hit up our friends at Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys to get their top 5 pieces of advice for riding in the rain. They gave us 6! If you are heading out this weekend, make sure to read through this helpful advice.
- Check your tires and ensure they are ready for rain aka no slick
- Eyes on the road! Avoid potholes and anything that is "kinda" slippery (white paint lines) as they will be super slippery when wet. Rainbow colored areas mean oil and nothing is more slippery than that. Railways are also slippery so take them straight on
- Give yourself plenty of space between cars and other riders. Usually you can find a drier line so make sure to pay attention to where that is.
- Invest in bright rain gear with reflective striping. Any High Vis is better than no vis! We also recommend using a clear shield with anti fog. This will GREATLY help with visibility.
- Take your time! It's totally ok to slow down and be more careful in all of your movements.
- Ride smarter. Be aware of your throttle control and brake earlier than normal. By using the rear brake a little more than the front, you'll be able to correct errors with less risk of going down.
And lastly, don't forget to sign up for FREE roadside assistance
Be prepared! Sign up for Free Emergency Roadside Assistance from Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys to and from the event through the link below. Join the largest network of riders helping riders in the world! BAM membership (for motorcyclists only) offers the following for life:
- Help with delivery of gas, tools, or parts if you are stranded with your bike on the side of the road
- Free tow to a nearby shop in an emergency
- Motorcycle storage for a few days in an emergency situation,
- Free Legal Advice!
Click below to get your membership card, it's quick and easy.