Babes Ride Out is a true riding event which means when the sun comes up, grab a coffee, some breakfast at camp, and get outta there and explore some of the best riding in Southern California. We aren't joking when we say the camp clears out during the day. If you stay behind, you are blowing it! Stop by the Mojave Land Trust booth , pick up your Biltwell route map, and make sure to download these directions before you go.
One of the most scenic and MUST see routes is the Joshua Tree Loop which takes you down long slightly curved roads through the park. Heads up, there is a $12 fee per motorcycle to enter the park but it's good for a full week. You could easily spend an entire day in the park so make sure to pull over in their designated parking areas and look at the map. Jumbo Rocks, Skull Rock, and the Chollo Cactus Gardens are a must see!
- 60 miles round trip (1.5 hours on bike due to speed limits and all those views!)
- Download directions HERE
- $12 per moto, pass good for 7 days.
- Take a look before you ride, Joshua Tree National Park offers a ton of information via their website. Click HERE
- STAY ON THE PAVED ROADS. This park has a very delicate eco system and one step can ruin a protective living layer called Cryptobiotic crust. Otherwise known as “desert glue" that helps trap the limited rainfall which helps the fauna stay alive. Please do not take your motorcycle off any unpaved paths or areas to take photos. There are tons of areas that are dedicated to this as well as spots to pull off any play on the rocks, hike around, etc. Please respect ALL park rules while visiting <3 Learn more HERE
- This is one hell of a park rich in history of mining and exploration
- Cholla Cactus Gardens, Skull Rock, Jumbo Rocks, and more are worth a look
- Incredible panoramic views of the desert and rocks
- Slow sweeping turns, a very chill ride for those looking to relax
- Stop by the Saloon for one hell of a burger and blackened Mahi tacos (TRUST ME!)
- Vegan or vegetarian? Makes sure to eat at Natural Sisters or Crossroads. They are literally the best!
Before you ride please note:
- IF YOUR GPS TAKES YOU ON DIRT ROADS TURN AROUND!!! The link above has correct directions :)
- You are riding at your own risk so please make sure you view the route & mark your gas stops based on tank size, check the local weather where you are going, check for last minute road closures, and have the skill set to ride comfortably.