Let’s go ride some DIRT !!! We have rented the Honey Valley Group Camp Site at Hungry Valley SVRA April 28th-30th for a ladies only weekend in the dirt. THIS EVENT IS FREE BUT YOU MUST REGISTER! Make sure to read this entire blog to be well informed and be fully aware of what this event details. After you do a full read, click the red register button at the very bottom to get signed up. But first, let's get you in the know!
Who is Babes in the Dirt for?
This is a ladies only dirt bike & ATV campout for those who want to explore dirt and learn riding fundamentals. We cater to ladies who:
- Have only ridden street bikes and want to see what dirt is about.
- Have never sat on a motorcycle. We HIGHLY recommend that new riders start on a dirt bike (so bring those "bike curious" friends with you that always say "I wanna try"). This is a great learning event and we will have workshops, basics, etc.
- Have a lot of experience as a dirt rider. We have some pro ladies coming out that you can hit the hillclimbs and black diamonds with.
The Basics: Gates to the group site will open at 12pm sharp on Friday. There is max capacity in the group site of 50 vehicles so please carpool. The group site is first come first serve but if the vehicle passes run out before you get there, no problem, you will have to pay $10 at the park's kiosk to cover your camping and may have to park in the adjacent site but you can still come hang out and enjoy the event. They also have $5 day passes if you are not camping with us and just want to park and ride for the day. This weekend is about off-roading, camping, and good times with friends. Babes Ride Out will be providing the group campground ONLY so BYOE (bring your own everything) and please make sure to scroll down to see what will be on site and what won't be.
Don’t have a dirt bike but want to learn???? No problem! You can rent a bike from Gorman Motorsport Rentals! Ask for Glory 805-620-2620. They are ONLY open on weekends so please please be patient as they are family owned and you ladies always bring in a surge of calls <3 They have a wide variety of dirt bikes and gear to rent and they drop it all off right at our campsite. Glory can help you choose the right bike for your size and style of riding. Tell them you are attending Babes Ride Out and reserve your bike as soon as possible before they run out (and they ALWAYS run out).
*We will have Husqvarna on site with a limited # of demo bikes (please stay tuned for more information on how to get on the list to give one a spin). These bikes will be on rotation so if you want to ride all day, please rent from Gorman Motorsports so you are guaranteed to have your own bike.
Honey Valley Group Camp Site in Hungry Valley SVRA is nestled within the park. Please do not hesitate to ask the front kiosk, rangers, etc on how to locate the site, they are kinda pros. They will have maps of this area that also show all of the riding trails and their levels so get one when you arrive. Enter at the "North Entrance" because it's close to where Gorman Motorsports is, there is a gas station for water/snacks, a McDonald's is there, AND it's a straight shot from there to the group site.
Please note, these are just a few FAQs that are dirt specific. To know all FAQ for all BRO events click HERE
What sticker does my bike need? Does my bike need a spark arrestor?
Red or green! and YES you will get ticketed if you do not have a spark arrestor. Please read all the rules and regs for your offroad vehicle by clicking this link
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event? Can my dog come?
All Babes Ride Out events are 21+ and no pets of any kind are allowed at the site. A girl got bit before so sadly, pooches must stay home :(
A. Oh NOOOO!!! My friend wants to come but she did not RSVP, can she still come?
B. Oh damn, now she can't come but she RSVP'd!
A. GIRL!!! You've had months to sign up even if you weren't coming! She/you needs to RSVP so we can plan enough food to be available for purchase. But if it's super last minute and she/you missed the RSVP window which will close 24 hours prior to the event, she/you can still come :) No need to blow up our email, facebook page, send smoke signals, etc. We promise we won't turn her/you away....this time :)
B. We rather over plan than under plan so if you or your friend did RSVP and can't attend, it's ok and there is no need to contact us to let us know. We promise :)
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
We have rented out the group site at Hungry Valley which can only fit 50 vehicles and 250 campers so please carpool! If the group site is full, you will need to pay for your own camping at the ranger kiosk ($10) when you enter and will need to park in the neighboring site and ride/ walk over. Don't worry! There is plenty of room in the park for you if the group site is full. If you are just coming for the day, the park charges $5 per car.
How do I contact the park for additional information about the trails, weather, terrain, longitude and latitude, wind speed, composition report of the dirt substance?!
Public Information Inquiries: (916) 324-4442
Website: OHV Parks CA GOV
Link to view our campsite: Click HERE
Are there medics on site?
Every ranger is trained as a first responder. An ambulance is within 15-20 min away and there is an air vac close by. Please contact the park with any questions or concerns. All riders will ride at their own risk (916) 324-4442.
What should I bring into the event?
- Protective boots, helmet, goggles, and any motocross gear you own! You can also rent gear at Gorman Powersports. Trust us, this is important because you will "eat it" at some point during the day. Fox will be on site with some extra boots and helmets but there won't be enough for everyone so plan accordingly.
- WATER! Make sure to bring plenty of water as the site does not have it
- Camping gear if you plan on staying the night (sleeping bag, headlamp, tent etc)
- Warm clothes! Remember when it hailed? (LOL! but seriously WTF was that about?)
- Snacks! (always)
- Drinks (the fun kind!)
- Cash for the coffee drinks and for food trucks (cards are not accepted due to non wifi)
- Firewood! Please everyone bring 1 bundle to ensure we stay warm :)
- Battery pack to charge phone. There is NO power at this site at all. Reception is terrible too.
- Extra toilet paper
- Extra gas for your moto
What can't I bring into the event?
- Kids. This event is 21+
- Dogs. Someone was bit last year and we can't risk it again.
- Easy Ups (sorry, far far too windy)
- Marketing materials (flyers, stickers, banners etc unless you are sponsoring)
- Your boyfriend / husband (he will have to find his own trails to braaap this weekend)
What amenities will be on site?
- A food truck with food for purchase (CASH ONLY)
- A coffee truck with drinks for purchase (CASH ONLY)
- Non flushing toilets (kinda like an outhouse but nicer)
- Huge pavilion for crap weather
- Fire pits for bonfires. We do recommend you use the food truck as the weather is crazy windy at night and I for one have burned my food 2 years in a row.
- Please remember there is no power at the site..like 0
A detailed schedule will be released via EMAIL to those who have registered to attend the event closer to the event date. Info for group rides, learning demos, Husky demos, rules regs, on site fun stuff, food truck, coffee menu etc will roll out between now and March so please stay tuned to the blog and your email after you register <3
Ok, so now that you know 90% of what to expect, let's get you registered!