This weekend I am headed south of the border to attend my second El Diablo Run. This will be Biltwell's 7th EDR and they have consolidated everything you need to know about attending this one of kind adventure HERE. As a sponsor of the ride and run, Babes Ride Out will have a hotel room on site dedicated to any ladies that need a safe place to relax, use the wifi, sleep, charge phones, and take a hot showers so make sure to look for me (Ashmore) when you get there if you want or need access. In the meantime, here is my personal guide on how to survive the weekend and some tips to ensure you don't learn things the hard way. See you in Mexico! - Ashmore
- Contact your phone carrier and make adjustments to your plan so you don't get charged a crap load for roaming. Keep phone in airplane mode as much as possible.
- INSURANCE! I use Bajabound.com and get full coverage for the weekend.
- Toilet paper! Pack some TP in your bag and make it easy to get to while riding. Most gas stations do not stock it
- Bring a reserve (you'll either need it or be a hero when someone runs out of gas!)
- Respect the locals
- American $$ is accepted down in San Felipe and all along the route. No need for pesos.
- Make sure your bike is roadworthy. Poor maintenance means you probably won't make it.
- Load your bike a few days in advance to make sure you have enough space and all loose items are secured.
- Bottled water is your best friend! Drink a liter every time you stop.
- Know the route! Make sure to download on your phone so you can access it even when you can't get signal. Click HERE for more on route
- Got a chase truck? Lucky! Make sure to get their # and have a plan
- NO DRUGS / NO WEAPONS
- Pack a tool kit.
- HELMETS ON! Mexico laws require helmets on at all times
- Take a photo of your passport so you have a "copy"
- HYDRATE and put on sunscreen frequently. Popping a tylenol before you go to bed at night isn't a bad idea either
- Remember you are in Mexico. Their customs and day to day is a bit different so relax, enjoy, and have FUN!
If you want to ride with a group, one is leaving Temecula Friday morning at 7 am sharp, which means get there with a full tank at 6:30 am. Looking forward to celebrating with an ice cold cerveza and tacos FRI afternoon with you all - Ashmore