Babes Ride Out Artist Series highlights the talented people in our community. Every artist donates their time and creativity to create a custom piece for the BRO5 Raffle. We are so happy to be able to support Moto F.A.M. through the proceeds of the raffle each year. Moto FAM raises funds for riders that have been hurt in a motorcycle related accident, or the family of a fallen rider. Thank you so much to Atwyld for contributing the military jacket for the Artist Series this year!
Meet Lacey Frazier!
Where are you from originally?
• I am originally from a small town in Florida!
Where do you live now?
• I’ve lived in San Diego for about 5 years now!
What first got you into art?
• I’ve been making art since I was a kid. I think some major driving factors in my life were,
my grandma, who is an amazing painter. My teachers in school also did an awesome job in encouraging me to take my art further.
How would you describe your style?
• Messy and dark, a little chaotic! Haha
What inspires you? Have any artists in particular been an influence on you?
• Ugh I love this question! I am inspired by so many things around me, nature mostly,women, anatomy, old world things, creatures, bugs....etc.. I love James Jean, he is my most favorite surrealist of this time. Brom, Frazetta, Sin Eater Illustrations, honestly there are so many more..
What is your favorite medium?
• Honestly oil paints are my absolute favorite, but I also equally enjoy pen and ink and watercolor, those are my top 3!
When did you first hear about Babes Ride Out?
• I first heard about Babes Ride Out from my friend Leah, she randomly hit me up one day in 2015 and was like hey want to go moto camping?! I had a Yamaha FZ-07 and had been riding less than a year, of course I said yes! That year I ended up meeting a ton of new friends and the rest is history!
What is your connection to the motorcycle community?
• Well one of my best friends taught me how to ride and I started out just meeting his friends and then I came to babes in 2015 and started expanding my circle of moto friends!
Do you ride? If so, what do you ride?
• I do! I’ve been riding for almost 3 years, I just traded in my first bike for a 2017 883 Sportster this past March! Annnnd I love her. (her name is Xena)
If you were a motorcycle what kind would you be?
• Hahaha hmm, I just consulted my moto group and they are telling me I’m a Ducati scrambler! I do love Ducatis’, and seriously wanted a 796 Monster back in the day.
Have you ever been to Joshua Tree? What was your experience there?
• Yes! Many times, I love it there, the town, the desert, there is something calming and peaceful about the area. I love riding through the park and watching the animals and sur-roundings. I think my most favorite thing about Joshua Tree is absolutely the night sky!
What will you be contributing to this years raffle?
· I have had the privilege of painting a jacket this year, I’ve wanted to paint a jacket for Babes since I first found about the raffle!
Tell us about what inspired you to create it?
• Well it started much like all my other projects start, with a couple sketches and revisions. I knew I wanted to do something that was me, and I am pretty excited about the finished product. It’s hard to describe really, I just start doodling and things come out! And this is where I landed!